Vitamin D is essential for healthy immune function, calcium homeostasis, and more. Owing to their complementary roles in calcium trafficking and skeletal homeostasis, it is recommended to include vitamin K when supplementing vitamin D. Increasing the amount of vitamin D in the presence of inadequate levels of vitamin K may increase the risk of calcium deposition in arteries and soft tissue and have a negative effect on arterial elasticity. Liposomal D Supreme provides vitamin K as both K1 and K2, the latter being required for activation of osteocalcin and matrix Gla protein, critical for bone health and protecting against arterial calcification.
CAUTION: Vitamin K may adversely interact with anticoagulation drugs known as blood thinners. Patients taking these medications should be medically supervised while taking Liposomal D Supreme.
Benefits of Liposomal Delivery
- Superior absorption and intracellular delivery of nutrients
- Phospholipid structure allows for effective delivery of compounds with different solubilities carried within the same particle (e.g., water- and lipid-soluble compounds)
- Penetrates the blood-brain barrier
- Survives the acidic environment of the stomach, ensuring intestinal uptake and delivery to the lymphatic system
- Convenient for those who prefer to swallow fewer pills; also allow for easy dosing